Tuesday, March 1, 2011

NV Double Dog Dare Cabernet Sauvignon, California


Color - Red

Nose - Strawberry and raspberry scented cleaner of some kind

Taste - I can tell the story of this in two words: absolutely horrible. This is quite possibly the worst "wine" I've tasted yet; the sad thing is that this isn't offensive, bitter or too hot from alcohol. The true horror of this wine is the fact that it tastes like melted jolly ranchers with a tiny heat right at the finish. This is a light-to-medium train wreck of a beverage. It's not a Cabernet Sauvignon, more like a wine cooler. Lucky for anyone that buys this wine, it has a medium finish that is pretty devoid of any flavor whatsoever. It is a bland, flat red wine that doesn't taste like anything I'd ever want to drink.

Overall, I didn't expect much from this wine seeing as I picked it up for 2.99 at Total Wine, but it was even more disappointing that I thought it would be. This wine, if you could call it that, has no redeeming values at all, unless you like your wine to taste like chemical-laced candy. That's the furthest thing from my mind when I want to drink wine. Pass this up like it has the plague, I would rather drink anything else, including box wine and probably most malt liquor before I'd drink this again.

1 comment:

  1. Really its TRUE...the name also very WEIRED so it might be..lol...Let me try myself.

    ReplyDelete