Thursday, March 3, 2011

2008 Finca Flichman Misterio Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina


Color - Dark red

Nose - Blackberry, muddled dark fruit and berries

Taste - On first sip and throughout the glasses I consumed this wine is fruit forward and, in my opinion, mediocre. I will admit that this is the bottom of Finca Flichman's offerings as far as price goes, but from word of mouth and the staff reviews at Total Wine, I was expecting more. There aren't any layers or depth to this wine. What little flavor there is seems to be some rather subdued and indecipherable berries followed by an aftertaste that has more alcohol than actual flavor. Even at this level it's better than a lot of wines, but not enough for me to seek it out again when there are so many other wines at the same price point or just a little bit more expensive that are far more pleasing. I would advise that you don't waste your time with this and pick up one of Finca's more expensive offerings, any of Anakena's Cabs or the Crios Cab for just a few dollars more. With those you know you'll be getting a bottle that will keep your taste buds happy.

Overall, this is merely an OK wine. It's nothing special, very subdued until the finish and then rather alcohol heavy. It is medium bodied, with too long of a finish (more because of the alcohol than anything else). It's possible I got a bad bottle, but it might just be that this is just what an 8 dollar bottle of wine is for Finca Flichman. I am by no means done tasting their wines, they have a lot more wines under 20 dollars, hopefully the others fair better than this. To sum up, keep searching, leave this one sitting on the shelf.

Finca Flichman Wines

5 comments:

  1. I was about to have this wine but now i will no more try this. Thanx for the information regarding Finca Flichman. You helped me out to have better wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. I am glad to have helped. Hopefully you were able to find a different wine that was pleasing to you. If you have any wines that you recommend that I haven't reviewed on here, I'd love to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My search criteria was "Bad Misterio Wine".
    It led me here.
    You did NOT just get a bad bottle.
    This stuff is garbage.
    I drank less than two ounces and couldn't walk straight, and now, more than 12 hours later, don't trust myself to drive. My sight has been compromised and severely affected.
    I don't know what to do. Do I call poison control?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps- correction:
    This was a 2010 Malbec.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put another bottle in your cellar and crack it open in 2012 to do the review.

    ReplyDelete