Saturday, February 26, 2011

2010 Aberdeen Angus by Finca Flichman Cabernet Sauvignon, Agentina


Color - Purple with a red rim

Nose - Black cherry, blackberry

Taste - On first impression this seems to be yet another average Cabernet Sauvignon. While this has some fruit, it seems pretty dry with a lot of astringency. To be quite honest this wine is rather unremarkable, I had it with food and by itself. It's better with food but not by much. It's pretty much what you'd expect from an 8 dollar wine, well maybe an inferior 8 dollar bottle. There's just a lot lacking. The flavors are muted, tannins are pretty weak though they show up only to dry the mouth but without any other flavors going on the wine turns out rather bland and forgettable. I'm not saying this is a bad wine, it just doesn't work for me especially at this price. If you're taste buds work like mine, then take it from me and pass.

Overall, this would be a good-to-great wine if it were priced at 5 dollars, but at 8 it's a little bit too much money for not enough pay off. I know that's only a measly 3 dollars difference, but in the world of budget wines 3 dollars is half a decent bottle if you know what you are looking for. I wanted this to be a good wine, something I'd keep in the cellar at all times; but it just doesn't live up to what I'd expected. For the same price pick up anything by Anakena.

Finca Flichman Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment