Friday, January 14, 2011

2005 Condado Di Oriza Crianza, Tempranillo, Spain


Color - Dark, Ruby Red

Nose - Plum, Blackberry, Molasses/Brown Sugar, Tobacco

Taste - Right away this wine is both sweet and very dry. It's definitely a fruit forward wine, as most Tempranillo's I've had are also fruit forward. This wine has a very long finish with hints of vanilla and oak. It's quickly become one of my favorite wine's which is strange for me because I don't normally like sweet, fruit forward wines. It is quite possible this wine smells better than it tastes, and it tastes great. The aroma of plum and blackberry that melts into brown sugar is so inviting...that yankee candle company should make candles of this scent. This wine is complex enough to keep me guessing but not too complex to confuse me. In one sentence, "An awesome red, sweet but not a fruit explosion, wonderful tannins, long finish that makes me just want to drink more."

Overall, this price and quality of this wine makes it a no-brainer, buy this wine now, in large quantities, and enjoy it daily. It's actually a wine from the Pagos del Rey winery in Spain which produces high quality, much more expensive wines. This one is a bargain at less than 15 dollars. Keep your cellar stocked with this, and you won't be disappointed.

Pagos del Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment