Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2008 Concha y Toro Trio Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah/Cabernet Franc, Chile


Color - Red with a nearly black core

Nose - Black currant, oak, and possibly mint

Taste - This wine is why I fell in love with Concha y Toro a few years ago. The Casillero del Diablo wines are ok, though some would rate them higher. In my opinion this wine is perfect for its price and perfect to drink just about any time. There are big berry flavors right from the gate, but even more than that I get smooth tannins and a nice sour grape flavor. It is medium-to-full bodied with a medium finish and a nice bite from the alcohol. This paired great with rotisserie chicken with cheese and potato casserole. I get some intense pepper spice on the aftertaste and the mouthfeel is incredible with food. Big, juicy and bold it makes my mouth want more. The tannins will do well with just about any meat, making a fine compliment to your meal.

Overall, this is a buy it now wine. I got it at Costco for 10 dollars and that's a great QPR. I would say this is the best wine for the most people I have ever tasted. From wine snobs to wine newbies this wine will probably be perfect for them. It has just the right amount of everything to keep almost everyone on their toes and not too much of any one thing to chase anyone off. It's right in the middle, the perfect starter wine, but also a wine that veteran wine lovers will like. I would say go out and stock up on this one. I will definitely purchase this wine in the future, it rates in my top 10 wines.

Concha y Toro Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment